News & Publications
The Bay Area Funeral Consumers Association offers a number of publications for planning your funeral. In addition, the State of California Cemetery and Funeral Bureau offers a wealth of information to protect and educate consumers about the laws governing funerals.
Our Semi-Annual Newsletters
Click below to read or download our printed newsletters.
Read Our Monthly E-Mail News
Click below to read our latest monthly newsletters.
In the Press
- The Business of Dying in the US is Broken.Here’s How the FTC May Fix It–and Why We’re Worried it Won’t be Enough
- How to Offer Help When You Don’t Know What to Say
- She Preached Death Without Fear. Could She Practice It?
- Guest Essay: If You Want to Give Something Back to Nature, Give Your Body
- Aquamation or Resomation: A ‘Green’ Alternative to the Traditional Funeral
Funeral Planning Guide
When a loved one dies, funeral costs are the last thing you’ll be thinking about, but when the funeral is over, funeral costs are the one thing you’ll wish you had been thinking about. The most important thing that you can do right now to save on funeral costs is to make a funeral plan.
With this free, detailed “Funeral Planning Guide” you can make a plan based on proven money saving tips for a loving, tasteful, yet cost effective final farewell.
Don’t Take Your Last Wishes to the Grave
“Before I Go” is a comprehensive end-of-life planner that features illustrations by Edward Gorey. It has more than 30 pages to record everything from your preference for burial or cremation to how to close down your social media accounts and online life.
- Whole Body Donation in Bay Area
- Body & Organ Donation: A Gift to Science
- Green or Natural Burials
- Recycling Your Medical Devices
After Death Concerns
- What to Do, Who to Call When Someone Dies
- Help for Grieving Families
- When Your Spouse Dies: Ways to Cope
- Suddenly Single: Protect Your Finances
- How to File a Funeral Complaint
Folletos en Español
Aquí tenemos información sobre muchos aspectos de la planificación de un funeral en español: