News & Publications
The Bay Area Funeral Consumers Association offers a number of publications for planning your funeral. In addition, the State of California Cemetery and Funeral Bureau offers a wealth of information to protect and educate consumers about the laws governing funerals.
In the Press
- Comparing green funeral options, from composting to natural burial to water cremation
- Funeral Homes Don’t Have to List Prices Online. That May Change.
- Alameda County Coroner’s Bureau trying to identify remains of 155 people from all over Bay Area
- The Business of Dying in the US is Broken.Here’s How the FTC May Fix It–and Why We’re Worried it Won’t be Enough
- How to Offer Help When You Don’t Know What to Say
- She Preached Death Without Fear. Could She Practice It?
- Guest Essay: If You Want to Give Something Back to Nature, Give Your Body
- Aquamation or Resomation: A ‘Green’ Alternative to the Traditional Funeral
Funeral Planning Guide
When a loved one dies, funeral costs are the last thing you’ll be thinking about, but when the funeral is over, funeral costs are the one thing you’ll wish you had been thinking about. The most important thing that you can do right now to save on funeral costs is to make a funeral plan.
With this free, detailed “Funeral Planning Guide” you can make a plan based on proven money saving tips for a loving, tasteful, yet cost effective final farewell.
Don’t Take Your Last Wishes to the Grave
Folletos en Español
Aquí tenemos información sobre muchos aspectos de la planificación de un funeral en español: